- Yannick Albrecht, Joelle Clot, Danijel Jovicic, Celina Kilian, Benedikt Speißer, and Nele Stockmayer helped with the setup of Robert´s last experiments in March/April 2019.
- Benedikt Speißer helped the group as a research assistant over summer/autumn 2018.
- Yannick Albrecht, Stefanie Dörr, Inna Koleber, Lisa Lichtenstern, Manuela Spagnuolo, Aileen Trost, and Alissa Wilhalm helped with our current projects as students assistants over summer 2018.
- Thomas Trudel-James supported Robert´s PhD research from June to August 2018.
- Inna Koleber, Sophie Mast, and Manuela Spagnuolo joined the group for their BSc work in summer 2018.
- Tamalika Chakraborty joined the group as an affiliated Research Associate with a 9 months Bridging Fellowship from the University of Konstanz.
- Sarah Stahl, Aileen Trost, Sophie Mast, Leon Franke, Liridon Hoxha, Donard Gezi, and Franziska Spanner supported the group as student/research assistants with the preparations for Robert´s large outdoor experiments.
- Inna Koleber, Steffi Dörr, Anna Brumer, Janina Käppel, Yanan Zhang worked as student/research assistants supporting our current projects for several months in 2017.
- Sarah Stahl compared N metabolites in young leaves and leaf litter of different woody species in her BSc research in summer 2017.
- Marie-Luise Kocher supported the group in the lab and in the class room from April to September 2016.
- Silvan Weber was a student assistant in September 2016 supporting the new project on chemical defence strategies in temperate woody species.
- Dominic Stickel was a student assistant for several months in 2015/2016 in the project “Plant interactions in the rhizosphere of forest ecosystems”.
- Iljas Müller and Leonhard Schink supported the project ““Competition for nitrogen between native and invasive woody species” as research assistant in summer 2015 and 2016.
- Lea Held, Inna Koleber, Leia Mijatovic, Julia Meier, and Jasmin Thierschmidt worked as student assistants during summer 2016 on the project “Competition for nitrogen between native and invasive woody species”.
- Anna Märkle compared primary and secondary metabolites in leaf litter of woody species during her BSc research in summer 2016.
- Magdalena Szechynska-Hebda visited from Poland from November 2015 to March 2016.
- Oliver Hartmann, Anja Meents, and Susanne Hohenstein worked as research assistants; Denise Wagner, Verena Pietzsch, Veronika Link, Alena Kress, Alison Kickuth, Janina Käppel, and Anna Märkle as student assistants supporting the project “Intra- and interspecific competition for different nitrogen sources in a temperate forest community” for several months in 2015.
- Dörte Randewig has spent several months in our group in 2014/2015 working on plant allelopathy.
- Xiuyuan Li and Regina Grimm supported the project “Consequences of insect mass outbreaks on tree nutrition of pine trees” in 2014/2015 as research assistants.
- Philipp Witzel did his BSc research in the group on the topic “Influences of drought on the competition between Fagus sylvatica and Quercus petraea” in summer 2014.
- Nancy Bolze conducted the research for her Bachelor thesis on the topic “Organic and inorganic nitrogen acquisition in potentially invasive and non-invasive plant species” in the group in summer 2014.
- Karolina Kurek, Cordula Steves, and Benedikt Voglstätter studied the consequences of herbivory on the nutritional status and chemical defence in poplar, willow, and birch as part of their BSc theses in 2012 and 2013.
- Bärbel Daub reviewed the consequences of abiotic stress on plant nitrogen acquisition for her BSc thesis in 2013.
- Andrea Garciá Figueroa, an Erasmus exchange student in 2012, investigated the influence of drought on four beech provenances for her thesis, co-supervised by Judy.
- Stefanie Schön did her BSc research on the topic “Influence of drought on different geographical beech provenances in summer 2012.
- Christine Schneider studied nitrogen acquisition in degraded forest ecosystems of the Qinling mountains in China for her BSc thesis in summer 2012.
PD Dr. Judy Simon
(PhD, University of Melbourne, Australia)
Heisenberg Fellow / Group Leader
Plant Interactions Ecophysiology
Department of Biology
University of Konstanz
D – 78457 Konstanz, Germany
phone: +49 7531 88 2501